Monday, March 8, 2010

Wire wrapping a Cabochon - Free Tutorials

Cabochon wire wrapping seems to be somewhat difficult for many. I know I struggled a lot with it when I first started out. Although at the time I bought several books on cabochon wire wrapping, there are also many free tutorials that you can get your hands on to jumpstart your cabochon wire wrapping learning. So here are a few listed below, enjoy.

  • Tumbleweed Glass - This is a video tutorial (just what I like) that will guide you step by step through making your first wrap for a cabochon. I love this one! Also here is embedded if you want to watch it without leaving the site:


  • Another great tutorial with step by step screenshots and explanations is at Rock&Gem. Give this a try if you feel you can tackle it.
  • Also not to forget About.com with Tammy Powley's tutorial. Personally though I don't like to go much to About.com as I have to click on Next after every few paragraphs and that annoys the heck out of me :)
There are many more online and another good listing of the best is Pearl's page at The Beading Gem. Site worth going through post by post, as it's very informative all around.

7 comments:

Jane Chew said...

thanks for sharing!

Jewellery Design said...

You are doing great job. Thanks a Lot

Unknown said...

Its been a while.. I haven't read your post for about how many months. I was busy with handbags.

Raka said...

Yes, I've been busy with other aspects of my life (still am actually). As wire wrapping is a hobby (dear hobby but still a hobby), it's not enough to pay my bills. I've recently quit my daytime job and now I've started working from home. It'll take me a while longer until I get my whole life back on track and I can again enjoy hobbies, but it shouldn't be that long any longer. I miss wire wrapping, that's for sure :)

Breitling Replica Watches said...

Hi marika, its good to know about you and your work, you are doing great work, never leave your hobbies because i am sure everything will be on track soon, so dont worry, keep doing your awesome work.

Jewelery Collection said...

Great tips here. Thanks for the video. I learnt better way of designing here and also thanks for the other links mentioned. Do keep posting good tips like this.

Engagement Ring said...

Thanks for sharing the great tips.........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search with Google

Custom Search