Saturday, June 22, 2013

Free Wire Wrapping Tutorial - How To Make A Copper Pendant

I wrote a few days ago a free wire wrapping tutorial on making the pendant above, which looks at the overall process rather than the step by step view of creating the loop or balling up the wires. There are so many free tutorials on those easy aspects that I decided that my tutorial will be of a different kind.

Basically the whole idea started with a discussion with a customer who bought one of my pendants and asked me a few questions on how I did it, and what was my thought process and what makes these kinds of designs different from the fashion jewelry you find in cheap shops.

A seasoned wire wrapper will find this tutorial easy, but hopefully will find a few tips here and there. However I think this tutorial will also benefit anyone who likes to buy jewelry, or who is interested in making some but without knowing what it all entails, or any jewelry artist who is used to work from tutorials but has no idea how to start something completely from scratch - regardless of the actual design.

Here is the link, it's free on the site, there is nothing to sign up for or anything, simply click through and read it and see the many screenshots.

Please let me know if you find it interesting - either in this Comments section or in the Guestbook of the sitew here I put the tutorial - it's free for anyone to comment.

Wire wrapping tutorial on making a pendant

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's lovely! I can't really focus on the screen because my eye sight isn't that good (I know, it's an awful excuse) but literally it hurts my eyes. I will continue to browse through your jewelry, though. You have some inspiring pieces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search with Google

Custom Search