Saturday, October 25, 2008

Echt Kolnisch Wasser

I got today a second shipment of some essential oils I bought from the UK, and as I don't have yet Mandy Aftel's workbook which is perfect for learning natural perfumery, I googled for some perfume recipes. I found one for which I had pretty much all ingredients, mixed it up with vodka (no distilled water included, as the vodka is only 40%, so pretty weak for the purpose), shaked it well and smelled it. And it reminded me of a perfume I used while living years ago in Germany, 4711 Echt Kolnisch Wasser. I had a small set of several little bottles, and I loved the smell. While bookmarking the site from where I got the recipe, I've read further down the page. And whadya know, the (inexact) recipe WAS for this perfume. Of course, only the main ingredients were listed, as the actual recipe is safely guarded, however I was very pleased that my own little newbie concoction actually reminded me of that lovely perfume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that you lived in Germany some time ago. Hope you liked it!
I love Echt Kölnisch Wasser, too. It reminds me of my grandmother and she always gave me a drop of it before I went to school every day.
I also browsed your blog a bit and love your jewelry creations. Come and visit my blog if you like. I'd be happy to see you there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search with Google

Custom Search